This Easy Vegan Rice Pudding is decadent, delicious, and dairy-free. Best of all, it requires only one pot and 5 ingredients!
This easy vegan rice pudding is one of my favorite recipes to make. You should see the smile on my husband’s face when he comes home and this is on the stove- smile from ear to ear! There is something comforting about the smell and watching it simmer, makes me smile too.
You won’t believe how easy it is. You just add everything to a pot and bring to a slight boil, then reduce and let simmer. SO EASY! I’ve seen other recipes that require many steps- I like to keep it simple when I can.
5 Ingredient Vegan Rice Pudding
The vegan pudding requires only 5 ingredients- coconut milk, jasmine rice, vanilla extract, sugar, and salt. You want to use regular or reduced fat canned coconut milk- the kind sold in the cartons is diluted. Opt for the reduced fat if you want to save on fat and calories, although the full fat will create a more decadent, rich pudding- my husband’s favorite!
Sweetener of choice
You can play around with the sugar, depending on your taste. The recipe calls for a half cup of sugar, but you could use maple syrup, or stevia for a sugar-free version. I sometimes use half sugar and half stevia, as I find that too much stevia can taste bitter.
How to Serve Vegan Rice Pudding
You can serve easy vegan rice pudding warm or cold. My favorite way to serve it is cold with fresh diced mango and mint. It’s also really delicious warm with cinnamon and nutmeg. You can’t go wrong with this pudding! I hope you decide to try it and please let me know how you serve it.
WANT MORE HEALTHY PUDDING IDEAS?
- Try this recipe for skinny vegan chocolate pudding. It’s so delicious and made with a secret healthy ingredient.
- Or this Chocolate Chia Oat Pudding. It’s healthy enough to have for breakfast!
- This Easy Vegan Rice Pudding is another great one!
Please let me know how you like the easy vegan rice pudding in the comments! I love to hear from you and your star ratings encourage others to give the recipe a try.
Easy Vegan Rice Pudding
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice
- 27 oz coconut milk canned light (canned regular would work also) – see here
- 1/2 cup sugar of choice* see notes
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Add all ingredients to a pot (with a lid) and give it a stir.
- Heat over medium high until mixture barely begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook over low for around 50 minutes, stirring once or twice. Mixture is ready when it thickens and has a pudding like consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve pudding warm or refrigerate for cold pudding. Top with fresh mango and mint.
- Sugar of choice– You can use maple syrup in place of regular granulated sugar or Stevia for a lightened up version. I will sometimes use stevia in place of half the sugar, as I find too much stevia can be bitter.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg are great add-ins.
- Store your prepared pudding in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
- Nutrition facts are based on using a 50/50 blend of regular granulated sugar and stevia.