This powdered peanut butter mug cake is so delicious and healthy enough to have for breakfast! It’s simple to make with either Pbfit or Pb2 and three other ingredients. With a whopping 20 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber, this is the perfect mug cake for your healthy lifestyle!
Cake for breakfast?
This peanut butter mug cake makes the perfect healthy breakfast or snack and will keep you full for hours. It’s packed with protein and fiber while low in fat thanks to a magical ingredient- powdered peanut butter.
What is powdered peanut butter?
Powdered peanut butter is peanuts that have been pressed to remove the oil. It has much less fat and calories than traditional peanut butter. You simply mix the powder with water to make a peanut butter spread. You can also bake with it and add it to smoothies.
If you’ve never tried powdered peanut butter, give it a try! The two leading brands on the market are PBfit and PB2.
I use PBfit for this recipe and three other ingredients that you may already have at home. Here’s what you’ll need:
Powdered Peanut Butter Mug Cake Ingredients
For powdered peanut butter mug cake, you’ll need the following Ingredients:
- Powdered Peanut Butter– I used Fbfit that I purchased from Costco. It’s also available through Amazon. PB2 works as well.
- Light Cool Whip– Feel free to use regular cool whip if that’s what you have on hand.
- Milk of Choice- I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but any type of milk will work.
- Baking Powder– Baking powder helps to give the mug cake a slight lift.
PBfit and Pb2 are two different brands of powdered peanut butter. Both products have significantly lower calories and fat when compared to traditional peanut butter. PBfit is slightly higher in protein and calories with 8 grams of protein and 70 calories per two-tablespoon serving.
Any small microwave-safe dish will work for this recipe, such as a small (around 10-12 ounces) ramekin.
Want more healthy dessert recipes?
Check these out:
Please let me know how you like the powdered peanut butter mug cake in the comments! I love to hear from you, and your star ratings encourage others to give the recipe a try.
Powdered Peanut Butter Mug Cake (4 Ingredients)
- 1/3 cup powdered peanut butter pbfit or pb2
- 1/4 cup cool whip light
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix the powdered peanut butter and milk of choice in a small mug or ramekin (mine is 12 ounces). It will be very thick.
- Stir in the cool whip and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Microwave on high for 60-70 seconds or until the center is cooked through. Mine is perfect at 65 seconds. Allow to cool slightly and top with additional cool whip.