This powdered peanut butter mug cake is so delicious and healthy enough to have for breakfast! It's simple to make with either Pbfit or Pb2 and three other ingredients. With a whopping 20 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber, this is the perfect mug cake for your healthy lifestyle!
Cake for breakfast?
This peanut butter mug cake makes the perfect healthy breakfast or snack and will keep you full for hours. It's packed with protein and fiber while low in fat thanks to a magical ingredient- powdered peanut butter.
What is powdered peanut butter?
Powdered peanut butter is peanuts that have been pressed to remove the oil. It has much less fat and calories than traditional peanut butter. You simply mix the powder with water to make a peanut butter spread. You can also bake with it and add it to smoothies.
If you've never tried powdered peanut butter, give it a try! The two leading brands on the market are PBfit and PB2.
I use PBfit for this recipe and three other ingredients that you may already have at home. Here's what you'll need:
Powdered Peanut Butter Mug Cake Ingredients
For powdered peanut butter mug cake, you'll need the following Ingredients:
- Powdered Peanut Butter- I used Fbfit that I purchased from Costco. It's also available through Amazon. PB2 works as well.
- Light Cool Whip- Feel free to use regular cool whip if that's what you have on hand.
- Milk of Choice- I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but any type of milk will work.
- Baking Powder- Baking powder helps to give the mug cake a slight lift.
PBfit and Pb2 are two different brands of powdered peanut butter. Both products have significantly lower calories and fat when compared to traditional peanut butter. PBfit is slightly higher in protein and calories with 8 grams of protein and 70 calories per two-tablespoon serving.
Any small microwave-safe dish will work for this recipe, such as a small (around 10-12 ounces) ramekin.
Want more healthy dessert recipes?
Check these out:
Double Chocolate Protein Mug Cake (Made with Oats)
Healthy Sugar Cookies with Cashew Butter Frosting
Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Please let me know how you like the powdered peanut butter mug cake in the comments! I love to hear from you, and your star ratings encourage others to give the recipe a try.
Powdered Peanut Butter Mug Cake (4 Ingredients)
- ⅓ cup powdered peanut butter pbfit or pb2
- ¼ cup cool whip light
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Mix the powdered peanut butter and milk of choice in a small mug or ramekin (mine is 12 ounces). It will be very thick.
- Stir in the cool whip and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Microwave on high for 60-70 seconds or until the center is cooked through. Mine is perfect at 65 seconds. Allow to cool slightly and top with additional cool whip.
nowadays i live for these easy recipes that are portable. I made this for dinner last night and the kids wanted more!
I can’t wait to try this!
love mug cakes and this is a great PB flavor to enjoy!
The perfect simple sweet treat, I can't stop making this mug cake!
Crystal Yentzen says
I'm so glad you like it!
Lovely, easy recipe for a mug cake!
Can we use coconut milk (or even the thin almond milk) instead of cool whip? Thank you.
Crystal Yentzen says
For dairy-free, I suggest using Cocowhip instead of CoolWhip. You can try using only almond milk, but you'll need to add a sweetener and play with the ratios. I would start with 5 tablespoons of almond milk and omit the milk of choice. I hope that helps!