Vegan Jambalaya just got a whole lot easier with this semi-homemade recipe using Zatarain’s Jambalaya Mix. Can you believe that Zatarains’s Jambalaya is vegan! And with the addition of plant based sausage you have yourself a delicious shortcut vegan jambalaya.
Believe me, I love homemade recipes. But as a busy mom of three, I am no snob to semi-homemade. It’s so convenient to just open up the cabinet and grab a seasoning packet or a meal kit; then add something fresh to it and voila- you have yourself a meal in no time.
There are plenty of non-vegan shortcut options like this on the market. So recently, I decided to scout out my local grocery stores to find some vegan semi homemade options. I want to help you shake up dinner on those busy nights where you almost grab- yet another bowl of oats. BORING!
I was so excited to find that Zatarain’s Jambalaya Mix is vegan and believe me- anything but boring. It’s so easy to make with directions right on the box. I added Beyond Meat Plant Based Sausage to it and OH MY-is this vegan!? It was that good!
This shortcut vegan jambalaya is very customizable. You could add veggies to the mix, like some diced tomatoes or broccoli florets. You could add a can of red beans instead of the sausage for a protein and fiber boost. I garnished it with green onions and Tabasco Hot Sauce.
We ate the whole pot!
I hope you find this meal idea helpful! I plan to find many more vegan options like this because they are just so convenient for those super busy weeknights. Let me know what you think.
Shortcut Vegan Jambalaya
- 8 oz Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix Buy Here
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 14 oz plant based sausage optional
- 1/2 cup green onions optional/garnish
- Mix 21/2 cups water, rice mix, plant-based sausage and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan until well blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer 25 minutes or until rice in tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
- Happy Eating!