This Easy Vegan Pineapple Tofu Curry is so flavorful, with the perfect balance of sweet and savory. It's tastier and healthier than takeout, so you can feel good about what you put on the table!
I love curry and have had every kind of curry you can imagine, from fire hot red Thai curries to exotic spiced yellow Indian curries, and I love them all! There is just something so satisfying about a big bowl full of curry!
Although, this homemade pineapple tofu curry is definitely at the top of my list! It's so flavorful and taste like you've been in the kitchen for hours, but no worries- you can have this on the table in no time! And even better, it only requires a few simple ingredients! So what do you need?
Pineapple Tofu Curry Ingredients
For easy vegan pineapple tofu curry, you will need a good curry powder. I have a big bag that I bought from my local Indian market for $1.99, although I have also used the McCormick brand with good results. The only other ingredients you need are extra firm tofu, pineapple chunks and juice, a can of coconut milk, a red and orange bell pepper, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, coconut oil, salt, and red chili powder if you want some spice.
I like my Pineapple tofu curry super spicy so I use Thai red chili powder. Although, feel free to use you use cayenne or crushed red pepper if that's what you have and if you aren't into spicy food, simply omit the red pepper.
Make sure to get the canned coconut milk, as the refrigerated cartons are very diluted and will not work as well for this recipe. I like to use light coconut milk to save on fat and calories, although the full fat will result in a much richer creamier curry; great if you are feeling decadent!
For the bell peppers, you can use whatever color you like; I just happen to love the red and orange. Feel free to make this easy vegan pineapple tofu curry recipe your own!
How to make Easy Vegan Pineapple Tofu Curry
Start out by preparing your rice; believe me you want some rice to soak up every ounce of this delicious juice! I have a Coconut Rice recipe that's so delicious and it's perfect with this recipe.
Next prepare your tofu cubes. Go to my Crispy Pan Seared Tofu recipe for step by step instructions on preparing your tofu. It's super easy to do!
After the rice and tofu are prepared, it's time for the curry and it couldn't be easier! You start by sauteing your onions and then everything simmers together in one pot.
Serve this Easy Vegan Pineapple Tofu Curry in your coziest bowl over rice (try my Coconut Rice with it- YUM!) with cilantro and lime wedges for garnish. Sweet, savory, spicy, comforting, and healthy- How can something this EASY be so good!?
I hope you give this recipe a try. It's sure to become a regular in your household!
Please let me know what you think of the easy vegan pineapple tofu curry in the comments! I love hearing from you and your star ratings encourage other readers to give the recipe a try!
Easy Vegan Pineapple Tofu Curry
- 14 oz tofu extra firm
- 14 oz coconut milk canned
- 1 cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup orange bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 ½ tablespoon curry powder yellow
- 3 tablespoon coconut aminos
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup pineapple chunks fresh or canned
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder optional
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil refined, or cooking oil of choice
- Prepare Coconut Rice or rice of choice according to package directions.
- Prepare Crispy Pan Seared Tofu cubes.
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic. Then saute for one additional minute or until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, coconut aminos, pineapple juice, rice vinegar, bell peppers, curry powder, salt, and cayenne. Simmer for 10 minutes or until bell peppers are tender.
- Add tofu cubes and pineapple chunks and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice. Garnish with cilantro and limes.
- Happy eating!