You can make these DELICIOUS maple-roasted cashews in 15 minutes with five simple ingredients. Crunchy, sweet, and salty- try not to devour them right out of the oven!
With school starting this week, I decided it was time to get my girls involved in making healthy school morning breakfasts. With a little meal prepping of course.
My girls love oatmeal as long as we have delicious toppings available. So we decided to make a big batch of oatmeal for the week along with some delicious toppings.
I'd have to say that these maple-roasted cashews are their favorite out of all the toppings we prepared. Plus, they're super easy to make!
Let's talk ingredients.
For maple roasted cashews, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Cashews- Be sure to buy unsalted and unroasted cashews.
- Olive Oil- I love to use olive oil for the health benefits, but feel free to substitute vegetable or canola oil if you prefer.
- Maple Syrup- You can substitute honey or agave syrup.
- Brown Sugar- Coconut sugar works great too.
- Salt- The cashews are so much tastier with a hint of salt.
To make maple-roasted cashews, you simply mix all the ingredients in a bowl and roast them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. It's SO EASY and so much better than store-bought maple-roasted cashews.
You can enjoy these cashews in so many ways: on their own, in salads, as toppings for oatmeal, mousse, and breakfast pudding, or anything that you want to add a bit of crunch. They will keep for about a week in a sealed container if they last that long!
I hope you enjoyed this very simple recipe for maple-roasted cashews. I love sharing simple recipes and ideas, just as much as I love hearing them. Have any to share? Let me know in the comments.
Maple Roasted Cashews
- 1 cup cashews unsalted/unroasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar see note
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and pour onto the lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring halfway through baking time. I roast mine for about 13 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!