This is the BEST vegan caper dill sauce! It's creamy with a briny salty goodness! Makes the perfect topping for tacos or dipping sauce for veggies!
I am so excited to share this vegan caper dill sauce recipe with you today! My sister came over for tacos last night and I made this sauce- Y'all this sauce is beyond good! We were LICKING THE BOWL- yeah, I love my sauces!
I ate at a restaurant on vacation years ago (I don't even remember the name) but I remember the taco- a veggie taco that was it covered in a creamy dill sauce that was divine! Of course, now that am dairy-free, I knew I had to come up with something just as delicious and believe me it is! It's also so much healthier.
It's CREAMY, TANGY, and has a BRINY SALTY goodness from the capers. You could use it for so much more than tacos. I usually dip tortilla chips in it way before I get to my tacos- I love to snack while I cook.
Best of all, it's really EASY to make and you only need a few ingredients, although you will need a high speed blender to get a creamy consistency.
To make Vegan Caper Dill Sauce, you start by boiling cashews in water for 10 minutes or you can soak overnight. I usually just boil them because, you know, my cravings don't always plan ahead! Then, you blend the cashews, lemon juice, garlic, and horseradish until creamy. Next, you pour into a bowl and add the dill and capers. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for best flavor and consistency. It's that easy! Careful though- It's ADDICTIVE! Happy Eating!
Vegan Caper Dill Sauce
- 1 cup cashews soaked
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 large lemon juiced, or 2 tbsp
- 2 tablespoon dill chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon capers minced
- 1 teaspoon horseradish prepared
- 1 clove garlic small, or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Soak cashews overnight in fresh water or alternatively boil cashews for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Add cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic, horseradish, and salt to a high-speed blender. Blend until sooth and creamy.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and stir in dill and capers.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.