Easy Vegan Rice Pudding
This Easy Vegan Rice Pudding is so delicious and dairy-free. All you need is one pot and 5 ingredients.
Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice
- 27 oz coconut milk canned light (canned regular would work also) - see here
- 1/2 cup sugar of choice* see notes
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
Add all ingredients to a pot (with a lid) and give it a stir.
Heat over medium high until mixture barely begins to boil.
Reduce heat to low and cover.
Cook over low for around 50 minutes, stirring once or twice. Mixture is ready when it thickens and has a pudding like consistency.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Serve pudding warm or refrigerate for cold pudding. Top with fresh mango and mint.
- Sugar of choice- You can use maple syrup in place of regular granulated sugar or Stevia for a lightened up version. I will sometimes use stevia in place of half the sugar, as I find too much stevia can be bitter.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg are great add-ins.
- Store your prepared pudding in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
- Nutrition facts are based on using a 50/50 blend of regular granulated sugar and stevia.
Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg