Healthy Chocolate Mousse with Collagen
Have you ever wished for glowing skin or stronger nails? If you said yes, then this is the dessert for you! This healthy chocolate mousse with collagen is super creamy and rich, and it requires only a few ingredients and a high-speed blender.
- 16 oz silken tofu*
- 1/2 cup chocolate collagen* see notes
- 3/4 cup (3.5 oz.) dark chocolate chips or chocolate chips of choice
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- stevia or sweetener of choice* optional, see notes
Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave in 20-second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
Add the silken tofu, chocolate collagen powder, vanilla extract, and salt to a high-speed blender. Blend until everything is well incorporated, stopping to scrape down the blender as necessary.
Add the melted chocolate and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add stevia or sweetener of choice if you'd like it a bit sweeter. (I add 2 packets of stevia in the raw). Blend until combined.
Pour into 4 serving dishes, and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
Garnish with fresh berries and mint if desired, and enjoy!
P.S. Don't forget to let me know what you think of the healthy chocolate mousse with collagen in the comments. Your feedback means a lot to me, and your star ratings encourage others to give the recipe a try. :)
- Silken Tofu- I used organic silken tofu, which you can find in the refrigerated section of most supermarkets. The shelf-stable variety works as well if that's what you have on hand.
- Chocolate Collagen- I use Beauty and Gut Collagen from Mind Body Green. I love their collagen because it's sourced from grass-fed cows, and it's packed with vitamins and antioxidants. I use it for recipes and smoothies, and it tastes great. Plus, it's sweetened with monk fruit and has zero sugar. But feel free to use any type of chocolate collagen powder you prefer for this recipe.
- Stevia- I add two packets of stevia in the raw, but that's totally optional. I suggest you taste it after everything is blended and add stevia (or sweetener of choice) if you want it a bit sweeter. A touch of agave or maple syrup would also be a great addition, but you may find it sweet enough for your taste. Please note that it will taste slightly different (and better) after it's refrigerated.
- Store your healthy chocolate mousse with collagen covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 365mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Vitamin C: 100mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 2mg