Vegan Banana Bread Cookies with Maple Glaze
If you like banana bread, you will love these vegan banana bread cookies with maple glaze! These cake-style cookies are perfectly spiced, studded with pecans, and topped with a wonderful maple topping.
For the Cookies
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas about 1 and 1/3 cups
- 1/3 cup coconut oil refined
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/3 cup organic granulated sugar*
- 1 cup chopped pecans
For the Maple Glaze
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar*
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the banana bread cookies
Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with silicone baking mats or lightly spray them with non-stick oil. Set aside.
In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the coconut oil and bananas together until well incorporated (about a minute). Add in both sugars and mix on medium-high for an additional 2 minutes or until smooth.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, and mix on low speed. Then increase to medium-high and mix until just incorporated, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Stir in the chopped pecans.
Using a cookie scoop (about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons), scoop out the batter and place the scoops of dough onto the lined baking sheets, leaving a little space between each scoop. The cookies won't spread much.
Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Maple Glaze
Whisk together the confectioners' sugar and maple syrup in a small bowl. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies with a small spoon. The glaze will harden slightly after about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
P.S. Don't forget to let me know what you think of the vegan banana bread cookies with maple glaze in the comments. Your feedback means a lot to me, and your star ratings encourage others to give the recipe a try. :)
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes.
- Organic Granulated Sugar- To ensure that your sugar is vegan, always buy organic. Granulated erythritol is an excellent sugar-free substitute and is also vegan.
- Confectioners' Sugar- For the maple glaze, I used vegan confectioners' sugar. But If you would prefer to use a sugar-free sweetener, I would recommend either powdered erythritol or powdered monk fruit sweetener.
- Store your vegan banana bread cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. These cookies also freeze well for up to three months. Simply let them come to room temperature before enjoying them.
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg