Healthy Protein Brownies
This is one of the best healthy protein brownie recipes that you will find! Super fudgy (but not stick to your teeth fudgy), dark, rich, easy to make, gluten-free, and full of protein. The perfect on the go snack!
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided or chocolate chips of choice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup oat flour*
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup chocolate protein powder*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt, plain
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper. Lightly coat the parchment paper with non-stick spray.
Place half a cup of chocolate chips and the olive oil in a microwave safe container. Microwave the chocolate and oil together in 20 second intervals until the chocolate is melted, stirring after each interval. Set aside to cool slightly.
In a large bowl measure and sift together the oat flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a medium size bowl whisk together the eggs, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and the melted chocolate.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix together until smooth. Stir in the remaining half a cup of chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle on additional chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Brownies are done when the edges are set and the middle isn't quite set yet. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in pan. The brownies will finish setting in the pan. Do not overbake.
Remove the brownies from the pan and cut into 12 rectangles. Enjoy!
- Oat Flour– Oat flour is sold in stores, but it’s also super easy to make at home. Simply blend old-fashioned oats in a high-speed blender until the oats become a fine powder (about 30 seconds to a minute). Store your oat flour in an air-tight container for up to three months.
- Chocolate Protein Powder- I used this chocolate protein powder that sweetened with stevia. Feel free to use your favorite brand, although the results will vary slightly.
- Store your brownies covered at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. Protein brownies freeze well for up to 2 months.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 42IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 1mg