Light Vegan Cookie Dough Bites
These light vegan cookie dough bites are soft, chewy, and taste just like chocolate chip cookie dough. And with reduced fat and calories, you can enjoy more.
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour*
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp stevia* Sweetleaf brand
- 3 tbsp almond milk or non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup vegan mini chocolate chips*
- 1/4 tsp salt
Whisk together the oat flour, tapioca flour, and salt.
With a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the brown sugar and coconut oil.
Add in the almond milk, vanilla, and half of the dry mixture. Mix on low until incorporated. Add in the rest of the dry mixture and mix on medium until everything is well incorporated.
Mix in the chocolate chips on low until just incorporated or you can stir them in by hand.
Roll the dough into heaping, half tablespoon size balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet, or even a plate will work. Refrigerate them for 10-15 minutes to harden.
Enjoy them straight from the refrigerator or let them sit at room temp if you prefer a softer cookie dough bite.
- Oat Flour- If you don't have oat flour on hand, you can make your own by blending old fashioned oats in a blender until you have a flour consistency. Here is a helpful post on how to make oat flour, or you can substitute all purpose flour. If you go with all purpose flour, spread it on a baking sheet and bake it in a 350° for 5 minutes and then proceed with the recipe. This will kill any bacteria that may be present.
- Tapioca Flour- Tapioca flour acts as a binder and thickener. It's a great product to have in a vegan kitchen or any kitchen for that matter. I use this brand and it's pretty easy to find.
- Stevia- I use the Sweetleaf brand in the shaker bottle. If you don't have stevia, you can always add in a bit more brown sugar.
- Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips- I use the Enjoy life brand. Although there are other non-dairy brands on the market, so just choose your favorite.
- Store your cookie dough bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 39mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg