White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies (Vegan)
With a crispy top and a rich and chewy center, these white chocolate macadamia nut blondies are one of the best I've ever had- vegan or not. And best of all, these incredible little squares of goodness are so easy to make. Whip up a batch today and you will not regret it!
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (melted) melted Earth Balance see notes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2/3 cup organic white cane sugar this one is vegan
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour see here and see notes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup vegan white chocolate baking chips this brand is vegan, see notes
Prep pan and oven. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease an 8x8 pan or line it with parchment paper and leave an overhang to lift the blondies out after baking (makes cutting easier). Set aside.
Make your faux egg. Mix the tapioca flour and water together. Set aside.
Mix the dry Ingredients. In a large bowl whisk the baking powder together with the flour and salt. Set aside.
Mix the wet ingredients with the sugars. Stir the melted butter together with the brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Stir in the vanilla, and the tapioca flour/water mixture until well incorporated.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Pour the wet mixture in with the dry and mix until just combined. Fold in the macadamia nuts and white baking chips.
Bake. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until until toothpick comes out (mostly) clean.
Cool. Allow to cool completely (about 2 hours). Remove the brownies by lifting the parchment out of the pan.
Serve. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy.
- Butter- I used Earth Balance vegan buttery sticks (5 tbsp equals 1/3 cup). If you are using the kind from the tub, make sure that you have 1/3 cup of melted butter.
- Tapioca Flour- Tapioca flour is a wonderful thing to have in a vegan kitchen as it's a great thickener and binder. I use this brand. But if you can't get your hands on some, you can substitute half the amount of cornstarch.
- Vegan white baking chips- I used this brand of vegan white chocolate baking chips, although you can absolutely sub regular vegan chocolate chips if you prefer. Enjoy Life brand is readily available and taste great.
- Light colored aluminum pans work best for brownies. I use this 8 x 8 pan and it works great. Lining your pan with parchment paper makes for easier cutting and serving. Here is a quick tutorial on how to properly line your pans with parchment. It's very helpful.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg